Wednesday, November 2, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: November 2nd, 2016

Hi all! I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. We had a good time passing out candy, making a harvest feast (pork tenderloin from Outlander Kitchen), and watching Hocus Pocus!

Some fun little tidbits have popped up in my life recently and I wanted to write about them, so here is a What's Up Wednesday post.

Recent Achievements:
I completed C25K in its entirety - finally! I'm slow, but that's ok - there's always room for improvement. Once I am confident in my distance/endurance I'm going to start taking Stormie running with me again - I'm hoping we'll be able to participate in a 6-legged 5K this spring!


What I'm Looking Forward To...
2013 with my sister!
The Boyfriend's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this spring and want to take the whole family on vacation to Disney World! We have the dates now and I am so excited! I want to book so many dining reservations - but we're not sure what family activities they'll want everyone to participate in, if/when we'll have park days or meals all together, etc. so it will be awhile before we can make any specific plans. We had a great time at Disney World last spring and I think his parents will really enjoy staying at the resort.

I also signed up for my first 5K run! Technically I completed Warrior Dash in 2013, but this is my first real 5K running race. I'll be participating in the Christmas Story 5K in Cleveland in December!



What I'm Enjoying:
Star Wars Rebels is one of the few TV shows I'm excited to watch each week, especially since we're getting closer to the release of Rogue One in December! I'm also eager for the release of Catalyst, a prequel novel to the events of Rogue One. It's a great time to be  Star Wars fan!

My TBR pile keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I recently checked out Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas from my local library and I'm hoping to start that soon. I have also preordered the newest Carrie Fisher memoir, The Princess Diarist, from Amazon and that should be arriving around the 22nd.

And I am trying to finish a couple of posts about my adventures at New York Comic Con - it's hard to believe it's been almost a month since that convention! I met some amazing Twitter friends, attend some interesting panels and a fun offsite event, and met CARRIE FISHER! I'm hoping to polish and post those in the next week or two, so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment