Monday, July 18, 2016

Hot Toys Princess Leia Figure

A couple of months ago I received my sixth-scale Princess Leia figure from Sideshow Collectibles. This figure is made by Hot Toys, a brand known for their amazing detail. She retails for $204.99.

Leia was made available for pre-order in August 2015, and was originally scheduled to ship in November and December of that year. Her release date was pushed back a few times, until finally she arrived at the end of April 2016.

I saw an early version of Leia at San Diego Comic Con in July 2015 and immediately fell in love. Leia is my favorite Star Wars character, and it was so exciting that such a detailed figure was finally being made! Of course, I pre-ordered her within minutes of the listing becoming available.



The quality of the Princess Leia figure is very typical of Hot Toys. Stunning, realistic face sculpt. Full articulation of the body. Interchangeable hands for holding props. And an accurate Episode IV costume. She also comes with a figure stand and, if you managed to pre-order the Sideshow exclusive version, a backdrop of the Tantive IV corridor where we first see Leia giving the Death Star plans to R2!





Princess Leia comes with the aforementioned stand and bonus backdrop, as well as:

  • a blaster rifle
  • a blaster pistol
  • interchangeable hands
  • extra wrist posts


 


Her hood has a wire so you can shape it around her head - perfect for reenacting the beginning of the movie! Otherwise you can have it hang down her back. Her hair is sculpted, which means you won't accidentally ruin her hairstyle by dusting her or changing her pose.




I found it very difficult to pop her stand together, and was nervous that I would break the plastic. The arm is a very tight fit into the base and I needed to use a flat surface to get some leverage.

The plastic bags covering her shoes and hands were tightly fitted to protect her in the box, but the tape used to keep the plastic secure was very sticky and hard to remove. I ended up using a pair of scissors to cut the tape - otherwise I was getting tape residue on my fingers, which could have transferred to her white dress. Just a warning to be careful!

Overall, I am still in love with this figure! She is perfect, and is currently hanging out with my sixth-scale R2-D2 made by Sideshow Collectibles!



No comments:

Post a Comment