Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A brief update...

Hello! I just wanted to share a brief update, since it feels like so long since I posted anything. I also need to catch up on everyone's blogs and see what all you have been up to in the past couple months.

Since I last wrote...


1.  We got a new puppy. Her name is Ripley and she is a lab mix. Mixed with what, we have no idea. Maybe some kind of terrier... or maybe a hound. She is adorable and full of love and energy.

However... this was quite possibly the worst time to get a second dog (and I'm not just talking about housetraining in a northeast winter...) but we didn't want to wait much longer since Stormageddon is turning 4 in April. To be honest, when we didn't get a puppy over the summer, I wrote it off as something that wasn't going to happen. A part of me regrets getting her, since I really don't have the time or energy to deal with a puppy right now. I love her, but this feels like yet another thing that I let happen in my life when I knew I should have hit the brakes.



2.  I've been teaching a class, so preparing for that on top of all my own work has made me very busy. I'm pretty much on campus working (since I can't work at home with the new puppy) or at home taking care of dogs. I'm exhausted and overwhelmed, and my perception of time is all wonky. I really need a break, but I can't slow down until after March - I have to finish a lot of writing in the next few weeks, especially since I'm presenting a paper at a conference this spring.




3.  We might not be going to SDCC this year...

Yeah, I'm still not sure if I'm okay with this. Part of it is the money. Actually, that is really the only reason The Boyfriend has given for not wanting to go. I suppose he's also giving my trip to Orlando as a reason not to go, but that trip is for a conference where I'll be presenting a paper, so it doesn't feel like much of a vacation to me. Plus we're not paying for that trip...

I suppose we'll put the money towards some house repairs instead, but it's the same stuff he's been saying he's going to do for the last three years, so I really doubt it. I'm sick of him not giving me a straight answer when I ask him questions about this, or anything else. But that's a whole bag of stuff that's a little too personal for this blog...
Guess we need to decide if we're participating in the badge sale this weekend, since we still need Friday and/or Saturday passes to make the trip worth the cost.


So that's my life right now. Too busy, too tired, not sure if I'm going to SDCC this year, not sure about a lot of stuff. Making progress on my dissertation, though, and I might be going into the field this summer to work on my advisor's site, so that'll be great.

How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment