Tuesday, January 12, 2016

C25K 2016

I just finished C25K week 2, day 1. I did 2.13 miles on my treadmill. I'm using the Ease into 5K app, which I bought a few years ago when it was still called Couch to 5K, and I've been wearing my Her Universe Captain Phasma tank to motivate myself.

I've started C25K a few times before. Usually make it to week 3, then something happens that changes my schedule or the weather gets too icy to run outside or whatever... and I miss a few days and never get back into it. It's easy to make excuses when it's cold and dark and I'm busy with work.

This time I'm going to finish. I might have to repeat a difficult week, or squeeze in a run even though I'm busy with grading, or suck it up when the temperature drops below zero. I definitely need to buy new shoes. But I will finish this time.

And if everything goes as planned, this time next year I will be training for the 2017 Dark Side Half-Marathon at Walt Disney World. 13.1 miles in 3 hours or less is my goal. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday or the countdown to episode VIII!


4 comments:

  1. I might have to check the app out again and really give it a try! I signed up for a 5K in June and need to get in gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Ease into 5K because it was compatible with Nike Plus, but the C25K Free app is really good too. Good luck with your 5K!

      Delete
  2. I have completely failed my training for my 5K on Friday but I think I can power walk my way through! Haha.. I'm going to keep running using the C25K because I want to run the Avengers 5K later this year and hoping to do a 10K next year!

    And maybe we can get a group together and run the Dark Side Marathon in 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear about your Star Wars 5K, lining up, crossing the finish, all of it! I hope you have a great time this weekend!

      And getting a group together sounds so fun! We'll have to ask Travis about that race, I think he's doing the Dark Side 5K this year.

      Delete