Friday, September 11, 2015

#Fandom5: Five Broadway roles I'd love to play! Sept. 11, 2015

Happy Friday!!! I hope everyone had a good week. Mine was surprisingly busy - I gave a guest lecture in a friend's class (yay! Pad that CV!), wrote and submitted an abstract for a conference this spring, played tabletop games, and continued the yard work we started last weekend.

#Fandom5, or 5 Fandom Friday is a weekly blog link-up and the creation of Kristin at Super Space Chick and Megan at The Nerdy Girlie.  It's a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs! Go here to learn more about it or follow #Fandom5 on Twitter!

Today's 5 Fandom Friday topic is: Five Broadway roles I'd love to play!

I grew up watching musicals, taking tap dancing lessons, and performing in the chorus of my high school's spring musicals, so it's no wonder that I love musicals and show tunes!


1. Peggy Sawyer, 42nd Street
42nd Street has a special place in my heart. It's a dancer's musical, and I danced to We're in the Money for my very first tap recital.



2. Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady
I love this musical. My family went to see a stage production on our first trip to London back in 2002 and it was loverly.



3. Millie Dillmount, Thoroughly Modern Millie
This one I've actually seen on Broadway! This is a tap dancing musical if ever there was one - they even have to tap dance to get the elevator to work!



4. Arthur's faithful servant Patsy, Spamalot
I love Monty Python and dragged some friends to see this one in London back in 2007. We had discount student seats in the nosebleed section, but it was still amazing and hilarious. Every single role looks like it would be a blast to play!



5. Kate Monster, Avenue Q
I love this show. It's like Sesame Street with adult themes.





No comments:

Post a Comment