Friday, July 31, 2015

#Fandom5: Five Fictional Pets I Want to Adopt! July 31st, 2015

Happy Friday, and Happy Birthday to Harry Potter!

#Fandom5, or 5 Fandom Friday is a weekly blog link-up and the creation of Kristin at Super Space Chick and Megan at The Nerdy Girlie.  It's a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs! Go here to learn more about it or follow #Fandom5 on Twitter!

Today's Fandom5 topic is: Five fictional pets I want to adopt!

I own a dog, Stormageddon, and we are thinking about getting him a puppy brother (or sister) very soon... maybe as soon as next weekend!

I love and adore Stormie, and we both have attachment issues. He's my first dog - my sister and I were only allowed to have a couple of hamsters and guinea pigs as kids, and even getting those was a huge struggle. Growing up, I always knew I would get a dog someday and I am so lucky that Stormie is that dog! He is my shmoopy baby.

But if I could have any pet from any story? Stormie would have so many amazing siblings!

1. Wind Rider Cub
The in-game pets available in World of Warcraft are one of my favorite things about the game, and my baby wyvern, Kingsley, is always following my character around. A real one would be amazing! Like a flying lion... that I could ride one day...

"OH HAI!"
image via wowtcgloot.com


2. Mogget and the Disreputable Dog
These are characters from Garth Nix's Old Kingdom/Abhorsen series and technically they're not pets... but I can't say too much because spoilers, and these books are too wonderful to spoil (if you haven't read them, check them out!)  Basically, they are a talking cat and dog who have magical powers and are very intelligent.

"Face Off" by Katrina Young, RohanElf on DeviantArt

Mogget the cat is lazy, sarcastic, and haughty, but surprisingly helpful when it suits him. The Disreputable Dog is loyal, clever, very protective of Lirael, but has her own secrets. Their animal forms definitely inform their personalities, but both are far more than what they seem.


3. Toothless
I love his personality - he reminds me of a friendly dog! Toothless is friendly and clever, and would be a much better friend than some other fantasy dragons.




4. Chopper
Do droids count? I have a droid companion pet in SWTOR, so why not! Saucy, funny, clever, useful, and just a little homicidal, Chopper has become one of my favorite characters on Star Wars Rebels.




5. A Dire Wolf
Ghost and Nymeria are my favorites of the Stark children's wolves. Dire wolves are like big doggies and I would have all the snuggles!

I'll take one of each! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Toothless, but OMG I'm so glad you picked Mogget and the Disreputable Dog! I adore that series, and they are some of the best fictional animals EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww look at that little direpuppy Ghost!! He's so precious! I haven't seen "how to train your dragon" but Toothless seems so sweet!

    ReplyDelete