Friday, July 3, 2015

#Fandom5: Five Favorite Aliens, July 3rd, 2015

Hello again! Happy Friday!

#Fandom5, or 5 Fandom Friday is a weekly blog link-up and the creation of Kristin at Super Space Chick and Megan at The Nerdy Girlie.  It's a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs! Go here to learn more about it or follow #Fandom5 on Twitter!

Today's topic is: five favorite aliens! 

I really thought this list would be easy, because I love Star Wars and could easily list characters from those stories. But whittling it down to five has been really hard! Technically every character from Star Wars is an alien, but I think when most people think alien they think non-human, so I'm leaving Han, Leia, and Lando off this list. I also left off ET because just thinking about that movie makes me bawl like a three-year-old hiding in the hallway because she doesn't want to see ET get sick. Oh no, here come the tears...


1. The Doctor
Some say he looks human. Others say we look Time Lord. Either way, he is a two-hearted humanoid from the planet Gallifrey who enjoys Jelly Babies, Jammy Dodgers, and running around London. I also enjoy Jelly Babies, Jammy Dodgers, and running around London.



2. Chewbacca
Chewbacca is a Wookiee from Kashyyyk. He is the co-pilot on the Millennium Falcon, and his BFF is Han Solo. He enjoys a game of holochess, but he does not like to lose.

He's also one smooth BAMF.

3. Hera Syndulla
The Twi'lek captain of the Ghost, and member of the rebel cell featured on the TV show Star Wars Rebels. Twi'leks come from the planet Rhyloth and their most notable feature are their lekku, or head tails. Hera is a great character, and I am excited to learn more about her backstory and role in the rebellion against the Empire.



4. Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka is a main character in the Clone Wars animated series. She is a Togruta and comes from the planet Shili. She trained as a Jedi under her Master, Anakin Skywalker. Spoiler alert, she survived Order 66 and has returned in the Star Wars Rebels TV series.



5. Ewoks
Don't be a hater. These guys are adorable.


And bloodthirsy.


It's a great combination.


Runner Up:
The Kowakian Monkey Lizard people typically know as Jabba's jester. His species comes from the planet Kowak in the Outer Rim. I think he's hilarious, sitting there, laughing maniacally at everyone's misfortune, and I love him so much that I bought a stuffed replica of him from Tatooine Trader's at Disney World.

1 comment:

  1. Man, when I was thinking of aliens I kinda had a hard time, but this post really helped! LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete