Friday, June 5, 2015

#Fandom5: Five Comic Characters That Deserve Movies or Series! June 5th, 2015

Hello and Happy Friday!

#Fandom5, or 5 Fandom Friday is a weekly blog link-up and the creation of Kristin at Super Space Chick and Megan at The Nerdy Girlie.  It's a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs! Go here to learn more about it or follow #Fandom5 on Twitter!

Today's topic is five comic book characters you would like to see with their own TV series or movies!

Writing this post made me realize just how many Marvel comics I read, and how many TPBs I need to order! I also really need to organize my comic collection...

We'll finally get a Captain Marvel movie in 2018, and the success of Daredevil, the Flash, and Green Arrow has shown the viability of TV and streaming as a medium for series based on comic characters. So who are those characters we want to see on-screen? Mine are:

1. Black Widow
Why don't we have a Black Widow movie yet? #WheresNatasha???



2. Hawkeye
I love Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series and it would be awesome to see that version of the character in a TV series, along with Pizza Dog and Kate Bishop.



Alternatively, I also demand a Budapest movie, with the MCU versions of Widow and Hawkeye. I must know what happened!!!  TELL ME!!!



3. The Rat Queens
Rat Queens is one of my favorite comics, even more now that I play D&D weekly. I would like to see this comic treated to a series, but I think something along the lines of a web series (like The Guild) or a Netflix series would work really well for this comic, much better than a movie or TV show.
(fyi the 2nd TPB finally came out this spring!)



4. Ms. Marvel
Kamala Khan is a wonderful character - her comic book is funny, touching, and relatable as Kamala learns about her powers and who she wants to be. Kamala will appear in the new season of the Avengers cartoon series this fall, but I would like to see a live-action version of this character with a possible cameo in a future MCU movie.



5. Saga
This comic has depth, and I'm not sure if a series or a movie would suit it better, but if any comic is worthy of the word, "amazing," it's this one. It's a complex story of politics, romance, and action, and I was hooked hard three pages in.



And one more: I've never read the Young Avengers beyond their overlap with Kid Loki and what I've learned about Kate Bishop, but I think that book would make a neat series, too.

Ok, so which characters are overlapping among our posts and when do we start the letter-writing campaign?  "Dear Marvel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment