Tuesday, May 19, 2015

SDCC 2015 Preparations: 50 days out

San Diego Comic Con is only 50 days away!  We're still over a month away from receiving the SDCC 2015 schedule (released two weeks before the convention) but that doesn't mean I haven't been preparing for the Con!

My job ended at the beginning of May (I work at a university, so my work schedule followed the semester calendar) and this month I have begun using my free time to work on my cosplays.  For SDCC 2015 I will be cosplaying as Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels and Peggy Carter from the TV series Agent Carter.  The Boyfriend will also be cosplaying for the first time, and he will be dressing as Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebels!



So far this month I have purchased all of my supplies and am making my Twi'lek lekku (head tails). The Boyfriend has begun working on his lightsaber hilt. Next I will make my Hera pants, shirt and leather vest, then in June I will start on my Peggy Carter suit and The Boyfriend's Kanan shirt. You can follow my cosplay progress by reading my posts with the Star Wars Rebels Cosplay tag and my Agent Carter Cosplay tag.

I have also started following news of exclusives, off-site events, and panel announcements, to get a feel for what will be at SDCC.  The SDCC Unofficial Blog and Crazy4ComicCon are both great resources for learning about what's going on at Con. Tony at Crazy4ComicCon has even teamed up with Shout Factory to provide video tips for attending SDCC!

To get in shape I have started C25K and eating better.  SDCC can be exhausting, mentally and physically, with a lot of time spent standing in line or walking. The exhibit hall is roughly the length of 3 football fields!!!  Preparing now will make the Con easier - also remember to break in any new shoes you plan to wear and stay hydrated during SDCC!

Over the next 50 days, I will complete my costumes, plan my survival bag, and organize our Con plan once the panel schedule is released, beginning June 25th.

What are you doing to prepare for SDCC 2015?

1 comment:

  1. Man, I can't believe SDCC is almost here. It feels weird since I'm not going this yer. I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete