Monday, April 6, 2015

Peggy Carter Cosplay, post 3

Thank you for the comments on my last peggy Carter Cosplay post!  I followed your advice and bought the Stetson (Treat Yo Self!) and am doubly glad I did because a couple days after it arrived I received this tweet:



Yeah, if the Agent Carter costume designer tells you to get the Stetson, you get the Stetson!

This hat is gorgeous! The red is brighter in-person than in the product photo.  I received mine from Henry the Hatter, because the official Stetson page was sold out. I ordered a size large because my head measured 23 inches, but this one is actually a little big on me - it fits fine once I clip my hair back, but if you're ordering you might think about sizing down. Since I got mine this store has run out of smalls and mediums, and the Stetson website has been out since before I really started looking for a hat.

Right now I'm working on shaping the brim and waiting for my fabric to arrive. I'm not planning on cutting or sewing anything until the semester (and my job) ends, so this will probably be my last Peggy update for a while. Until then I will be working on my Hera Syndulla lekku and posting about how that goes - it's been interesting so far!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you were able to get the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Every single person I asked said get the Stetson, and your comment on the total cost of the costume really helped solidify my decision to get it!

      Delete
  2. SO rad that the costume designer herself saw/responded to your tweet! It's a gorgeous hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had just posted my Fandom5 fangirl post when I saw the tweet - it was like, "Speaking of fangirling..." :-D

      Delete
  3. Yay that you were able to grab it! I have been going back and forth about getting that hat and I may just do it. A nice treat yo self!

    ReplyDelete