Wednesday, March 4, 2015

#Fandom5: Favorite Gaming Snacks/Foods, March 5th, 2015

Hello again!  This week's Fandom 5 prompt asked what we like to eat or drink while blogging. If I'm eating anything while I blog, it's breakfast or my post-breakfast second cup of coffee.  So I'm changing it up for this week's post.

Truthfully, I'm not the biggest snacker but if I do snack, it's usually in front of my gaming PC. And even then, I'm less inclined to just snack and more likely to just eat my lunch or dinner while I'm playing/taking a break.

The thing with gaming snacks is they need to be easy to eat. Depending on the game, you will have both hands occupied for long stretches of time, such as in timed matches or arena battles. Anything that requires two hands to eat is probably going to be cold and gross by the time you get around to it.

1. Candy
My computer desk used to be littered with candy wrappers until I finally cleaned it last weekend. If there is candy in the house, it will find its way to my computer desk and I will devour it. That's how I disposed of our leftover Halloween candy. I like small chocolates (miniature candy bars, boxed Valentine's candy) and Tootsie Pops.

via Amazon

2. Red Velvet Oreos
I'm a little bitter that these were limited edition, because they were divine. I inhaled my first package watching TV and finished the second a week later playing Warcraft. Ok, maybe it's good that they were limited edition...

3. Mountain Dew
SO CLICHE. A gamer drinking Mountain Dew. (But seriously, the orange cherry Game Fuel is awesome and tasted even better when they marketed it as Horde Red. Lok'tar Ogar!)

via the Mountain Dew Wiki

4. Taco Bell
Ok, not really a snack, but I already listed Mountain Dew, so why not just go with it. To look at The Boyfriend and his friends, and the gamer friends I had during undergrad, Taco Bell, Mountain Dew, and MMORPGs kind of defined college for them. On occasion The Boyfriend and I will get some Taco Bell and then game all night* It can be a lot of fun, but kind of falls into that too messy/likely to get cold and nasty category of foods that I like to avoid while gaming.

* all night = 1am for me

5. Water
I drink a lot of water when I'm at my PC, which is great, but I could go without the panic induced by The Boyfriend yelling, "Dungeon popped!!!" while I'm in the loo...

via Engadget, because I let my WoW subscription lapse again...



#Fandom5, or 5 Fandom Friday, is a weekly blog link up and the creation of Kristin at Super Space Chick and Megan at The Nerdy Girlie. To learn more about it, go here.

2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun read! Can just imagine the peeing-panic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red velvet Oreos OMG!!! I'm so jealous of all the awesome flavours you get in the US the most exciting ones we get here are chocolate lol!

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete