Friday, February 6, 2015

#Fandom5: Favorite Funko POP! Vinyls, February 6th, 2015

I was so excited when I saw this was the #Fandom5 prompt for this week.  I love the Funko POP! Vinyl collectibles. I think they are just so cute, and there are so many to choose from that everyone is bound to find one they want.

While I had followed the releases of various Funko POP! Vinyls for awhile, I didn't buy any until San Diego Comic Con 2014.  I watched their SDCC exclusive list, and thought how fun it would be to buy the limited edition Ghost pup from Game of Thrones.  It was flocked, which means it had fuzz on it instead of being smooth plastic.

Unfortunately the line was capped every time we walked past the booth.  I wasn't surprised, because I had done my research and knew the Funko booth was very popular and the exclusive POP! Vinyls were hard to get at the con.  But getting that exclusive wasn't super important to me, so I bought my POP! Vinyls from other booths instead!

I now own nine POP! Vinyl figures, purchased at SDCC, through LootCrate, and from Amazon, and I have a long list of more that I want to buy!  All of my POP! Vinyls are still in their boxes because I have no idea how I want to display them.

via Amazon
1.  The first one I bought was She-Ra, Princess of Power.  She-Ra was my first action figure, given to me by my uncle as a Christmas present back in the 80s.  She-Ra is a special character to me, and I'm glad she was my first POP! Vinyl.

via Amazon
2.  Another character I have is Amy Farrah Fowler, from the Big Bang Theory.  Amy is a great character, but to be perfectly honest, I bought this one because it looks an awful lot like me.  If I was turned into a POP! Vinyl, it would look just like this one.
via Amazon
3.  Another favorite is my Princess Leia, in her white senator dress from Episode IV.  She's a bobble head!  I stood in a long line on the last day of SDCC to buy her, after checking many other booths that were either out of Leias, or had marked up their prices.  I love Princess Leia - she is one of my all-time favorite characters - and I am so happy I have this one in my collection.  There really aren't enough Leia figurines in the world.
via Amazon
4.  Lady Sif, from Thor: The Dark World, is another favorite of mine.  Sif is a character I want to cosplay - I love her armor from the second Thor movie, though she appears in both.  As soon as they announced that she was being produced, I knew I would buy her.  And I'm so glad I did - besides being a badass female character, the level of detail on this toy is amazing.  Her shield could honestly be used as a cosplay reference!
via Amazon
5.  And number 5 is my Loki.  Funko reissued the Loki POP! with his horned helmet, and I jumped on that.  I love Loki, in the Marvel movies and in the comics, and I am very happy to have him as part of my collection.

all images via Amazon


Other characters in my collection include the regular Ghost pup from Game of Thrones, Brienne of Tarth (also from Game of Thrones), Star Lord with helmet (he was a freebie from Disney Movie Rewards), and the Joker/Batman from the December 2014 Loot Crate (not pictured).

via Amazon
I'm sort of crafting a POP! Vinyl army of badass women, and I'm planning on picking up Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Gamora, and Zoe Washburne sometime this year.  Based on the announced 2015 vinyls, I'm also hoping to grab Sailor Mars, Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, Leeloo (Fifth Element), Lagertha (History's Vikings), and Tina Belcher at SDCC, but that's only if those are released by July... and if the run actually includes those characters.
via Amazon
In addition to those, I would love to have Dancing Groot, Nick Fury, Agent Phil Coulson, Lando Calrissian, and Admiral Ackbar join my collection.

In the future, I am really hoping they'll make Ms. Marvel, Agent Peggy Carter, Agent Melinda May, and Captain Marvel (there's a good chance we'll get her around the time her movie releases, but I want her now!)  I also want a Batgirl and a She-Hulk.  And Hannah from the Rat Queens comics.  Kate Bishop.  Eowyn.  Storm.  Thor (female).  I'm going to cut myself off here, but you get the idea - I want more lady POPs!

Any ideas how I should display these guys?



(all Funko POP! Vinyl images are from Amazon)





To learn more about 5 Fandom Fridays, check out Megan's post at The Nerdy Girlie and Kristin's post at Super Space Chick.  They created this weekly blog meet-up.  To find other blogs participating in 5 Fandom Friday, follow them on Twitter or use the hashtag #Fandom5, and check out the weekly link-up on SuperSpaceChick.com


12 comments:

  1. Yes to ALL! You either have or want the exact same Funkos I do :D I bought my Princess Leia Funko and got it signed by Carrie Fisher last year I love it so much she's such an awesome lady xoxo

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Leia is signed by Leia!? So much jealousy!!!

      Delete
  2. I know some people keep them in the box, and other people open them! Right now, I do it both ways. I have a few open on my desk, and a few at home still in their boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rip them out of the box. I have no room for them to be in the boxes but some of them are so cute to be in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! As soon as I have more shelving, they are coming out.

      Delete
  4. I bet they'd look cute on a windowsill or on the dining room table! ;) anywhere basically!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch GoT...yes yes i KNOW! But that lil wolfie is adorable!!! And it is official baby groot wins the day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Ghost sweet? That's entirely why I bought him - while I like Jon Snow and Ghost in the books/show, I only picked up the POP because he was so cute!

      Delete
  6. I have Amy Farrah Fowler too! I really wanna get Black Widow, Loki and Baby Groot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd take one of each! I love by Dancing Baby Groot, he's adorable. My collection *needs* She-Ra, I used to play with the action figures as a kid too. I haven't any GoT in my collection yet, mainly because I don't know where to start, there are so many and another series of them is due out this year. Oi, my poor wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm choosing not to think how much it would cost if I actually bought everyone I included on my "Want" list! And I feel the same way about the Star Wars figures, Leia was an easy starting place, but who to get next?!

      Delete