Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

2014 was an interesting year.  Honestly, it was one of the best I've had recently.

My sister got married.  I went to San Diego Comic Con for the first time.  I developed a small exhibit for display at an event in New York City.  The Boyfriend switched jobs, and though he's exhausted, he seems happier.  I'm losing weight successfully for the first time in forever, it seems.  Didn't get as much done on my dissertation as I would have liked, but I'm much happier with the work I'm doing.  I started this blog, and have met so many neat and geeky people because of it.

at the History Vikings experience, San Diego Comic Con 2014

Over the past year, I have become a much more confident, optimistic, and forgiving person.  My goals are becoming better defined, and I am more excited for my future than I have been since starting my PhD.  My depression was also much better this year, with no long periods of overwhelming anxiety or despair.  Very different to 2013, that's for sure.

I am looking forward to 2015 - it will be an exciting year.  We already have our Comic Con badges, and are planning our trip out to San Diego.  Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released on May 1st.  Star Wars VII will be released on December 18th.  I'm going to be doing a bit of international travel, hopefully to my beloved England to see my friends, but definitely to Russia (of all places - it's a long story, but should be an interesting trip).  And I'm turning 30 years old in April!

Our New Year's plans are low-key.  We're staying home, making a bunch of unhealthy finger foods, playing board games, and watching movies.  I received How to Train Your Dragon and its sequel for Christmas, so we will be watching those, and probably a few more episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix.  Tomorrow, we will probably just chill and play games, then The Boyfriend will be making Beef Wellington for dinner.  We've been doing this for a few years now and always enjoy it.

Wherever you are, and whatever timezone you're in, I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a wonderful 2015!

Stormageddon waiting to eat his New Year treat! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment