Friday, December 26, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: December 26th, 2014

Happy Boxing Day!  Did everyone have a Merry Christmas?  I hope so!

Throwback to the December 12th #Fandom5 topic, guess who got #2 and #5 on her wishlist of gifts from Santa!  Yes, I am now the proud owner of the LEGO Mos Eisley Cantina and three volumes of Hawkeye TPBs!  Sweeeeeet!

Funny story: the reason I now own the Mos Eisley Cantina is this blog. No, really. My sister (HI!) is a reader and told my mom about it.  How sweet is that!?

And now it's time for...



This week's topic: New Year Blogging Resolutions!

Oooh this one is tricky, because I blog for fun and keep this blog pretty separate from my professional life.  I can list a number of professional goals, and personal goals, but I haven't thought about resolutions for blogging before! Great idea!

1.  Quit rambling so much
I can be quite verbose.  I can go off on a tangent for just about any topic - personal story?  Yup.  Something I read once?  You got it.  I write every post, then edit it a few times to cut out extraneous material before I hit publish.  I don't think I can be so direct on the first draft, because I change my mind about what to include, but I think I can edit more for the final version.  Do y'all think I write too much?

2.  Blog Maintenance/Appearance
I either need to migrate to WordPress or learn Blogger better so I can edit this page and make it more graphically pleasing.  If I'm going to use a platform, I need to actually know how it works!

3.  Learn to promote myself more?
I struggle with this because why should I promote a blog that is just for funsies?  And it's not like this blog is devoted to covering a specific topic, like just crafts or just cosplay or just cons - it's more like a celebration of my all my fandoms and hobbies and what I feel like writing about.  Perhaps you have some insight you could share with me?

4.  Join BlogLovin'
Did this a week before Christmas because I realized I wasn't keeping up with all the blogs I wanted to, and I was really slacking at looking at the comments on my own blog!  So I joined, and I like it, and instead we'll make number 4...

4.  Keep up with comments!
Post comments on other blogs!  Check and reply to the comments on my own blog!  Don't just make a post and disappear into the aether until the next #Fandom5 comes around!  I resolve to check my blog here at least once the same day that I make a post, and the following day.

5.  Find a direction and keep a posting schedule
I need to create a posting schedule and find more of a direction for this blog.  It's just a hobby, but it's kind of all over the place and except for #Fandom5 posts I blog rather intermittently.  I think having a direction with what kind of content I want on this blog will help me come up with posts I can write once or twice a week.  Thoughts?


What are your blog resolutions?  I can't wait to read the other blogs participating in #Fandom5!  And please leave comments for me - I would love some feedback!



To learn more about 5 Fandom Fridays, check out The Nerdy Girlie's blog or Super Space Chick's blog!  December and January prompts are posted on their blogs (TheNerdyGirlie and SuperSpaceChick).

3 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Good luck for the coming year! Going to follow you on Bloglovin' now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BlogLovin! It makes it easier to keep up with and find new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the promoting front but I realized as I started to do that, I've gotten more like minded people reading my blog and we all enjoy the same things! It's been a fun way to meet new people! And bloglovin is just great!!

    ReplyDelete