Friday, November 28, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: November 28th, 2014

That's right, kids, it's time for another



Today is Black Friday... has anyone gone shopping yet? Stayed up all night in line?

This week's 5 Fandom Friday topic is: 
Black Friday purchases I would sacrifice a night of sleep for!

I am not a Black Friday shopper.

In college I worked at a JoAnn Fabrics, where I ended up working the entirety of the post-Thanksgiving weekend.  2005 was the height of popularity for those tied fleece blankets, and I worked the cutting counter... which meant I was cutting fleece all day, every day that weekend.  My hands were dried out from handling the fabric, I didn't get a break, on my feet in one spot all day, getting treated like garbage by customers... And then I got to do it two more times!

It was the worst working experience of my life... and I spent a week in 2011 ankle-deep in literal horse crap, mapping and doing magnetic resistivity in a horse paddock on an archaeological dig in 80% humidity, so that's saying something.

I seriously hate these things... pic via Joann.com 

After that, there is no way you will find me out on Black Friday, and definitely not losing a night of sleep.  Saving a few bucks isn't worth it to me.  Instead, I stay in, eat leftovers, watch Christmas movies, and maybe start decorating if I've stayed home that year.  Then I do my shopping online!


But I might be persuaded to go out in the dark and cold and stand in line all night for a few items...

1. A real, legit, functioning Light Saber
I mean a REAL one.  In purple, like Mace Windu's.  I don't know what I would do with it, but it would be so cool to have.


2. The TARDIS
But to be honest, I would just want to use it in ways that would create some paradoxes, and that's not good for anyone.


3. A personal teleportation device
Because I'm sick of sitting in a car or on a plane for 6+ hours to see any of my loved ones. Seriously, they all live at least that far from me!


4.  A lifetime 4 day + preview night pass to San Diego Comic Con, with a room at the Hard Rock included
No more panicking about badges or what days to go or getting/affording a hotel near the convention center!  Of course, there would be a lot of competition, because if SDCC attendees are good at one thing, it's standing in line overnight.
via Disney.wikia


5. A genie bottle with three wishes
And I already know what wishes I would make!


Apparently there is nothing in this world that will make me stand in line on Black Friday... I like sleep too much! But who am I kidding, if any of these things actually existed there is no way I'd be able to afford them anyway!


What would you stand in line overnight for?  
Have you ever done that for a Black Friday deal?  
Were you successful?


To learn more about 5 Fandom Fridays, check out The Nerdy Girlie's blog or Super Space Chick's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment