Friday, November 21, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: November 21st, 2014



It's 5 Fandom Friday time!
This week's theme is: Characters I would invite to my Thanksgiving Feast!

I'm really struggling to come up with a list of five characters I would want to invite over to my house.  I would want a somewhat-balanced group of men and women, who would provide stimulating conversation, be up for drinks and board games after dinner, and would get along pretty well.  No one who is too far into the lawful-good range that they would be a judgey goody-goody killjoy all night.  No one who is so chaotic evil that they would just make the evening unpleasant for everyone else.

Anyway, here's the list.  It's pretty obvious which of my favorite books/movies/tv shows they come from, and they are all fan favorites, so I don't think I need to go into much detail about why I love these characters.



1. Indiana Jones

2. Han Solo

3. Princess Leia

4. The Tenth Doctor

5. Captain Marvel





All of these characters would have great stories to swap, and have similar enough personalities that I think they could get along for an evening, but are diverse enough that the conversation would stay interesting.  And who knows, maybe we'd abandon dinner in favor of having an adventure together.


I'm not going to visit family for the holiday.  While I would love to see my Grandma, it's a 12-hour round trip in the car and I had my fill of my extended family back during my sister's wedding.  I think The Boyfriend and I are just going to chill and play video games all weekend.

However you're spending it, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Safe travels, enjoy your family or whoever you're going to spend the holiday with, and good luck if you're braving the crowds for Black Friday!


To learn more about 5 Fandom Fridays, check out The Nerdy Girlie's blog or Super Space Chick's blog!

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. And however you're spending the holiday (and yours sounds FANTASTIC to me), enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!

      Delete
  2. Great photo! I would love to see what the Doctor and Han and Leia would converse about. Space stories ftw!

    -G
    http://www.whimsyandnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I imagine Han and the Doctor would spend some time trying to one-up each other with their stories, then we'd have to climb into the Falcon or the TARDIS (the Doctor would insist on taking his ride) and go do the Kessel Run or whatever just to prove one of them right.

      And now I wish I was really spending the holiday like this...

      I loved your list - The Winchester's would probably love talking to Luna about her classes, like Defense Against the Dark Arts and Magical Creatures!

      Delete
  3. I love it!! Your plans sound great. I'm staying in and watching TV shows/films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for relaxing Thanksgivings! Have a great one!

      Delete
  4. LOL I love the graphic! And it's awesome to see Captain Marvel on a few lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's so awesome, I figured she'd enjoy talking to the Doctor, with all the alien invasions and her running around the galaxy with the Guardians.

      Delete
  5. I feel like a food fight would be inevitable at this dinner and I'm okay with that. What a fun bunch, and omg, the 10th Doctor! I would just die from his adorable-ness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha a food fight! This would be a feisty bunch!

      Delete
  6. Great list, I can only imagine the stories that woule be shared.

    ReplyDelete