Friday, October 31, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: October 31st, 2014

HAPPY   HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!

And it's time for another:



This week's topic: the candies I always hoped for when trick-or-treating!

This one, unlike last week's topic, is EASY to decide a Top 5!

1.  Kit-Kats
The best candy bar ever invented.  My boyfriend loves them too, so they don't last very long around here!

2. Fun Size Candy Bars
I couldn't pick just one, so maybe this topic isn't as easy as I thought!  I like the Fun Size bars because its built-in portion control.  I LOVE Butterfingers, Baby Ruths, Snickers, and Three Musketeers... but I hate Milky Way bars...

3. Reese's Cups
I had to hide these when I was a kid, otherwise my mom would steal them from my trick-or-treat bag!

4. Skittles
I love fruity candy and it seems like there is a distinct lack of it at Halloween.  But give me Skittles or Starbursts, and I am the happiest trick-or-treater on the block! I like to eat Skittles two at a time by color.  Or just stuff them all in my mouth at once and try to chew on the big glob of sugary, fruity goodness.

5. Tootsie Pops  (a-one... a-two-hoo! a-three *chomp* Three.)
Tootsie Roll Pops are a divine gift from heaven.  It's fruity, it's chocolatey, it's hard, it's chewy.  It is perfection.  I would arrange elaborate trade agreements to ensure I got 90% of the Tootsie Roll Pops brought back by my contingent of trick-or-treaters (usually just me, my sister, and a couple of cousins).  Two Milky Ways for one Tootsie Roll Pop?  No problem with that!  Unfortunately in later years they would try to use my love of the Tootsie Pops against me, but I was usually more clever (and manipulative) than them.  Don't mess with me and my Pops.




And the one candy that has no business in my trick-or-treat bag?

Candy corn.  It's like eating wax.  Keep it away from me!  (if you like it, I don't judge, you're welcome to it!!  Maybe you would like to have mine for... a Tootsie Roll Pop?)


I haven't gone trick-or-treating in probably 15 years...  The last time I went I took my little sister - while I hadn't planned on going that year, her friends all backed out at the last minute and I offered because mom wouldn't let her go alone.  That last time was one of the most fun, just us two running around the neighborhood.  She was Josie, from Josie and the Pussycats, and I was Indiana Jones, because I already had the costume.

Now I hand out the candy (or don't, since my puppy is still learning not to completely lose control when the bell rings).  Which means I just buy what I like and eat my fill!  Yay!

This year I'm giving out Tootsie Pops!  I have enough for 100 trick-or-treaters, plus a bag for myself.


What are your favorite candies?  Did you ever get King Size candy bars?  What are your favorite trick-or-treating memories?


To learn more about 5 Fandom Fridays, check out The Nerdy Girlie's blog or Super Space Chick's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I saw Kit Kats on a lot of the Fandom5 lists this week!

    ReplyDelete