Friday, October 10, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: October 10th, 2014

Time for 5 Fandom Friday!  Check out The Nerdy Girlie's post to learn more!



This week's topic: Geeky clothing items I need in my closet immediately!


I already own quite a collection of geeky t-shirts (thanks, Teefury!)  I own so many that I had a hard time picking out what I wanted to wear to Comic Con and ended up loaning some of my larger ones to the Boyfriend.  Other than my t-shirts and some jewelry I ordered off of Etsy, I don't have much geeky/fandom inspired clothing... but once I got looking at my Pinterest account, it became hard to choose what I want most!

5 geeky clothing items I want include:

1. Star Wars Vans
Okay, it is well established that I love Star Wars, so when the collection for Vans was released this summer I almost bought a pair.  Specifically, the ones that look like the A New Hope movie poster.  But alas, I am without an income and couldn't justify buying them at the time... I was saving my money for Comic Con, after all!  I have been lusting after them ever since and just need to bite the bullet and order them.

2. S.H.I.E.L.D. Hoodie
I want a black zippered hoodie with SHIELD patches on the shoulders.  If I can find a hoodie I like, I will probably order some patches off eBay and make one for myself.  Understated fandom pride!  Kind of like the BSG Viper pilot coat I already made for myself.

3. Han Solo Dress
I love the Han Solo costume dress by Her Universe.  I almost bought one at Comic Con but I chickened out.  Being plus size, I tend not to buy if I can't try it on, and I didn't see a fitting room at the booth and the material seemed too thin to chance it... and now I'm not seeing it on the website anymore and I hate myself a little bit for not buying it when I could... shoot.


4. Horde Pendant Necklace
I play World of Warcraft and 90% of my characters are Horde (Lok'tar Ogar!)  What better way to show my allegiance than with a pretty necklace?  I like this one which used to be available on Amazon, and this one by Etsy seller Peaceofshine.

5. Wonder Woman Swimsuit
I don't wear bikinis, but if I did I would wear this one!  By Etsy seller BeBops.



Honorable mentions go to: Wonder Woman footie pajamas, the Ministry of Silly Walks wristwatch, and the Ewok costume hoodie by Her Universe (which is also apparently no longer available... dangit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment