Friday, September 26, 2014

5 Fandom Fridays, via The Nerdy Girlie

In the lead up to SDCC 2014 I started following a group of Comic Con blogs.  One of my favorites that I have continued to read is The Nerdy Girlie, run by Megan Gotch.  She blogged some helpful tips for Comic Con, and her posts since then are a lot of fun - she and her blog team cover TV show recommendations, music, recipes, and a whole bunch of other topics.  There's a lot of variety and the attitude is very upbeat and welcoming, too, which I really like in a blog.  

Today they posted about a new idea called "5 Fandom Friday" that was developed with the SuperSpaceChick blog.



"The basic idea of 5 Fandom Fridays is to write a weekly Friday blog post in the form of a top 5 list based on a predetermined topic." - The Nerdy Girlie

The idea is a writing prompt, but it's meant to be fun and to expand the community, help new bloggers get writing, etc.  What a fun idea!  I'm planning on participating.

5 Fandom Friday begins next Friday, October 3rd.  The prompt is "Gateway Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am Today."  To see a full list of the prompts, visit the post at The Nerdy Girlie blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment