Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Road to ComicCon! TWO WEEKS LEFT!

In two short weeks I will be strolling the exhibition floor of San Diego Comic Con, wearing my cunning hat, my PowerPuff Girl survival bag strapped to my back, and attempting to stifle the shrieks of excitement that are sure to be welling up from my stomach, the kind that are only rivaled by trips to Disney World.

The official schedule for Wednesday and Thursday has been released.  The Sched version can be found here, while the official list version is at this link.

Lists of exclusive merchandise are getting longer.  Crazy4ComicCon and the Unofficial SDCC Blog have my favorite lists - Crazy4ComicCon has everything compiled into a single list here, while the SDCC Blog has things divided by manufacturer/seller.  Early on, I wasn't sure if there would be many exclusives I would want to try for - either I just wasn't interested (eg. the Hot Wheels Star Wars cars) or I couldn't justify the price or effort that might be involved with obtaining something.

But as those lists grew longer and longer, I began to find things I just had to try for.  I have already pre-ordered the Futurama glow-in-the-dark screenprint by DarkInkArt for my boyfriend (he's a big Futurama fan), and I want to try to get the Nether Faerie Dragon and Hearthstone plushies from the Blizzard booth and the R2-KT maquette from Gentle Giant.  If you're unfamiliar with the story of R2-KT you can read about it here - $10 from each R2-KT sale will be donated to the San Diego Make-A-Wish chapter.  I really hope there are some available at the convention.  On top of all that, Funko has been slowly releasing news about a huge batch of their POP! Vinyls that will be debuting at SDCC.  The SDCC Stan Lee, Luke & the Wampa, and a few others have caught my eye so far, in addition to the She-Ra, Amy Farrah Fowler, and Brienne of Tarth figures that I already wanted pre-Con.  So many goodies!

And then there are the autographs...

Thinking about SDCC makes me feel like Agnes with a new fluffy unicorn!


I'M UNCONTROLLABLY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment