Monday, July 14, 2014

Chik Solo's SDCC 2014 Exclusive Merchandise Wish List

In one week I will be arriving in San Diego!

Even though we are just a week away from Comic Con, exclusive merchandise announcements are still coming out.  When these announcements started I wasn't too worried about getting any of the exclusive merchandise - all of it was for movies/shows/comics I'm not super-into, or a product I wouldn't want to spend money on (eg. I LOVE Star Wars, but would never spend money on a Hot Wheels car when I could save that for an action figure).

But as the Con crept closer and closer and more exclusives were announced, I found a few products I would love to try for.



R2-KT maquette by Gentle Giant
The R2-KT maquette by Gentle Giant is limited to 500 pieces and pre-orders (for preferred Gentle Giant members) have already sold out.  I have no idea how many will be available on the floor, but this is one exclusive I would happily stand in line for.  If you're unfamiliar with the story of R2-KT, you can read about it here.  $10 from each sale will go to the San Diego chapter of Make-A-Wish.  Besides the charity aspect and all the good R2-KT still does by visiting kids, I also want a pink droid.  Because pink.



World of Warcraft Nether Faerie Dragon Plush
This beauty is a plush version of a battle/companion pet from the World of Warcraft.  The Nether version is a SDCC exclusive, while the regular Faerie Dragon will be available at the Blizzard Gear Store online after the con.  I would love to grab one of these Nether Faerie Dragons (and an LED plush Hearthstone!), but I also like the regular version and will just order one of those if I fail to nab a Nether version at the Con.



Ghost Flocked Direwolf Game of Thrones Funko POP! Vinyl
This one was announced TODAY and I fell in love.  Nymeria and Ghost kick ass!  Ghost is flocked, which means he's fuzzy.  Unfortunately the Funko booth is one of the harder booths to get exclusives at - I'm not sure if they do lotteries or early line-up or what, but I need to research this because I want to try to get one.  Isn't he sweet?  Sitting there, silent, just waiting to rip out a wraith's throat if it should threaten you.  What a good puppy!



Nerd HQ Shirt
I'm not sure which of the Nerd HQ shirts I would like to buy, but there will be some for sale on-site at the Nerd HQ location.  I'm leaning toward the simple unisex t-shirt or the blue SaNERDiego tank.




Marvel's Rocket Raccoon Hoodie
Guardians of the Galaxy will be everywhere at the Con.  It's already decorating the streets of San Diego on Comic Con banners, and merchandise exclusives of all sorts have been revealed.  But this super cute and super badass hoodie is the one I want.  Unfortunately Marvel is another booth that is notoriously hard to access, so I probably don't have much of a chance at this one.






I'll update this post if anything else is announced!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment