Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Utinni! A Star Wars Cocktail Recipe

What is a girl to do when she wants ice cream but can't be bothered to leave the house and find some?

Get the bottle of cake flavored vodka out from the liquor cabinet and mix it with a little milk.

Mmmmmm, tastes like a vanilla milkshake.  An awesome vanilla milkshake that makes it kind of hard to spell "vanilla milkshake" at the speed that I type.

My recipe is about a cup of milk (higher fat = nummier, but skim works) and two shots of cake vodka.  Right now I'm drinking Smirnoff, but I started doing this with Pinnacle.  Throw in a few ice cubes, drink with a straw.  Or out of a martini glass.  Or a mug.  Who cares, it's so tasty.

Tonight I was sitting here, getting ready to knit another Jayne Cobb cunning hat (check out Keiyla's Blog for a pretty much screen-accurate pattern), thinking about my Leia costume, and having a cocktail.  And I thought, "If I dyed this drink blue it could be called an utinni!"

Curious if any Star Wars fan had made a drink called the Utinni, I googled it.  And found this recipe by That's Nerdilicious.  Now, that recipe sounds pretty tasty, but it's pretty much just a brown, minty White Russian knock-off.  That's not good enough - how am I supposed to believe a Jawa would drink this?  It needs some Bantha milk!  So I decided to make my own recipe, complete with blue milk.


Utinni


  • 1 or 1-1/2 cups 1% milk
  • 2 shots cake flavored vodka
  • Blue food coloring
  • Ice


Mix milk, vodka, and a couple drops of food coloring in a glass and add ice.  
Alternatively, mix in a shaker with the ice, then strain over a cocktail glass if you want to be classier* than me.

* But I'm writing this while wearing a tie-dyed shirt I bought from Roy G Biv back in 1997, so it's not all that hard...


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment